Saturday 28 October 2017

Class of 2017 - Halloween Week

Ooo love it or loathe it, it's Halloween Week. 
Have to say I LOVED the opening number with the ghosts of series winners and then Anton!

Jonnie & Oti - Cha Cha Cha

Some difficult moves in this routine but it wasn't one of his strongest performances. Cha Cha Cha didn't suit him but he had a good go at it. Very little in the hip department from Captain Jack!

Judge Julie says - 6

Ruth & Anton -  Quickstep

Ruth's hold wasn't consistent throughout the routine and there was a lot of gaping, a few moments of looking down and a tendency to cling onto Anton for dear life. Slight error but she recovered and she did seem a little more confident and I do think she is improving. Ross was watching with us and he commented that it lacked "pizazz"

Judge Julie says - 6

Simon & Karen - American Smooth

This routine was very pedestrian, no rise and fall at all but I understand Simon has an injury. There was a lack of lifts and it was very very flat, I didn't find any part of it exciting. I think Simon will be in the dance off this week again and it is his time to go. 

Judge Julie says - 5

Gemma & Alijaz - Jive

I find that Jive is always harder the taller you are. This routine had mistakes and I felt Gemma wasn't giving 100% although she did seem confident. I felt the kicks and flicks could have been much stronger and there could have been more bounce action and higher knees from Gemma

Judge Julie says - 7

Joe & Katya - Foxtrot

Enjoyed this routine and yet again some wonderful choreography from Katya. Still tending to stick his bottom out and lean forward a little but I think this was Joe's best ballroom effort. He seemed confident this week and I liked the concept of the story too!

Judge Julie says - 8

Mollie & AJ - Cha Cha Cha

Cha Cha Cha can make or break dancers and to be honest this was much better than I thought it was going to be. Mollie had some straight legs but not all the time. I did think this was quite a basic routine and maybe AJ could have put some trickier moves in there. She had a couple of balance issues but it was a solid attempt and I wished I looked like that in a catsuit!

Judge Julie says - 7

Alexandra & Gorka - Tango

Tango can be quite fierce and Alexandra often has a fierceness about her so I was very excited for this routine. It was intense with great footwork and head action. I think this could have been my favourite of their routines and I am delighted to see Gorka able to show off his talents. 

Judge Julie says - 9

Davood & Nadiya - Rumba 

Well Dav's got his torso out and I wasn't sure where to look! Ooo and it's sparkly too! I found it strange that he was dancing in a ballroom shoe rather than a cuban heeled latin shoe. Although I liked the concept of this dance I did find that it lacked a lot of Rumba moves and there wasn't enough hip action in the routine.

Judge Julie says - 6

Susan & Kevin - Foxtrot

I'd been looking forward to this all night although I have never watched Game of Thrones. Although I love Susan I have to say this was a bit of a let down. I don't think Game of Thrones, Killer Queen and Foxtrot are quiet compatible. She was trying hard but it wasn't for her. I'll still be voting though!

Judge Julie says - 6 (cos I love her!)

Debbie & Giovanni - Charleston

The best thing about their VT was how Giovanni says "Debbie". Debbie looked and danced like a 30 year old and I was in awe of her. The costume change was a little laboured in my opinion and some of the lifts were a little "awkward" but I loved this and wished I could dance like Debbie.

Judge Julie says  - 9 but so close to a 10!

Aston & Janette - Paso Doble

Well I always say I am not a fan of the Paso but I could not take my eyes of Aston in that routine and you could not tell who the pro was in this partnership. So powerful, amazing shaping and such confidence from Aston. I couldn't really fault this!

Judge Julie says - 10
Who would have thought my first 10 would be for a Paso!

DRESS OF THE WEEK - Mollie's All in One (technically not a dress!)
PROP OF THE WEEK - Mollie & AJ's Devil Fork
SONG OF THE WEEK - Can't decide between Better the Devil you Know or Frankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment