Thursday 13 October 2016

Class of 2016 - Interim post

Well I didn't think I would be writing a post in the middle of the week but what a series of events we have had this week.

I was just getting over Tameka's shock exit. Yes I voted  (3 times) and yes I believe she shouldn't have been in the bottom two and I think Darcy was correct in saving her. Tango is very technical compared to Salsa which isn't really technical. Laura's dance was, in my opinion, a little bit chaotic in places. Anyway, farewell Tameka - I will miss you and you energy and attack to each dance style.

So I was at my Tuesday Craft Club event and a message came through on WhatsApp to say that Will Young had quit Strictly! I couldn't believe it! For 8 years I have wanted Will to be on Strictly and I was in Strictly heaven and then 3 weeks later, boom, he has left. Of course there is speculation, was it Len's outburst that tipped him over the edge, I would like to think not. I think there are underlying issues. You could tell from Will's body language in the results show just how hard he was finding the process and I am left to wonder if it was just too much for him. Previous reports have said he has battled with depression and anxiety, and whilst I am really gutted he has left, at the end of the day (and I can't believe I am saying this), it's just a TV show and nothing is as important as your health, especially mental health. 

So farewell Mr Young. I do believe you have been under marked in every dance and had a high expectation placed on your shoulders. I hope you come back for the final group dance on the last show.

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment