Saturday 29 October 2016

Class of 2016 - Week 6 Halloween Week

Ok I will fess up that I am not a huge fan of Halloween outside of Strictly so it's never my favourite week on the show. That being said I have to admit that the hair and makeup team do a fantastic job on this and I applaud their efforts but I often feel it can overtake the actual dancing on the show.

Louise & Kevin - Charleston

I thought this had a lot of Jive elements to it and I hated the song choice. Louise was very animated in this routine but I didn't think it was outstanding although I liked the comic strip theming running throughout it. I did think her shoes looked difficult to dance in. The music choice spoilt this a little for me 

Judge Julie says - 8

Judge Rinder & Oksana - Paso Doble

Another terrible VT with the silly fake butterflies. Does anyone enjoy watching these? This was the first time we had seen him do a more serious theme and he was channeling his inner butch! It wasn't a bad Paso in general and the guy can really dance. I didn't really buy into the whole butterfly/moth theme but I am developing rather a soft spot for Judge Rinder

Judge Julie says - 8

Claudia & AJ - American Smooth

Very very tidy footwork from Clauda, she has mastered the heel turn and has had consistently good technique in the ballroom. Best so far for me of the night and I liked that their dance wasn't overtaken by the Halloween week.

Judge Julie says - 9

Anastacia & Brendan - Jive

Kudos to Brendan for controlling the Swegway on live TV, he nailed it. Very heavy footed and needed a lot more bounce and higher knees in the back steps. She also need to flick more from the knee (I wrote that down and then Len said it!). 10/10 for effort but not as good as her Quickstep last week. Could be her last dance?

Judge Julie says - 6

Danny & Oti - Foxtrot

Again another terrible VT. The golden boy had a bad week this week and his little stumble knocked his confidence and he lost his nerve. I noticed that he also seemed to be wearing latin shoes (higher cuban style heel) and I wonder why? They took a risk with this dance and although I loved the theme the risk didn't quite pay off!

Judge Julie says - 7

Laura & Giovanni - Tango

Her best dance. Was sharp and aggressive and a great comeback after the disappointment of last week. She did well to dance again this week as her ankle was clearly still bad as she danced in a more  supportive practise style shoe.

Judge Julie says - 8

Ore & Joanne - Charleston

Ore struggled getting his lollipop into his trousers at the beginning and I think it panicked him slightly. From seeing his training on It Takes Two it was clear he was struggling with the swivel action and we all know Craig is obsessed by this. The music and theme didn't work for me and his lift was a disaster but he is a consistent performer and is still a contender in my opinion.

Judge Julie says - 8

Greg & Natalie - Rumba

A good song with a theme that matched, makes such a different. Greg had worked on turning his feet out which was clear to see. although he was wearing ballroom shoes and not latin! Had he swapped with Danny? There wasn't a huge amount of Rumba in this routine and there were a heck of a lot of pivots in it. A very atmospheric routine and Greg should be proud of how far he has come on.

Judge Julie says - 7

Daisy & Alijaz - Paso Doble

Again a good theme, music and costume that all worked together. Daisy's arms were lazy at times but she had great attack and it was very nicely performed. I have rather a soft spot for Alijaz so I do hope they aren't in the bottom 2 again this week

Judge Julie says - 8

Ed & Katya - Cha Cha Cha

When someone is left to dance last you know its going to be a showstopper and this was totally that. Maybe not quite for the usual reasons but I cannot deny how entertaining this routine was. Ed was considered the "duffer" of the pack this year but in my opinion he has learned his dances well and hasn't made mistakes (apart from nearly dropping Katya last week which I thought was unlucky) and he was on time with the music tonight. He was so camp and his hips were going wild, I really enjoyed this but I think it is time he went, would be good to go out on his best dance

Judge Julie says - 7

Overall I think the quality of the dancing was lower this week and there were some strange music and theme choices. Roll on next week when we are back to normal.

DRESS OF THE WEEK - Claudia's American Smooth dress
PROP OF THE WEEK - Ore's Lollipop!
SONG OF THE WEEK - Bring me to Life - Greg and Natalie's Rumba 

No comments:

Post a Comment